Skip to main content

Eggs, Cream and Butter

Almost every Saturday morning, after lazing around in bed for a bit, a familiar question comes up: “What’s for breakfast?”

Eggs are always a favourite, and mushrooms. Fresh mushrooms are pretty cheap this week at Woolworths… only $6.95 per kg (normally it’s around $9.95 per kg). I usually worry about buying too much because they tend to get soggy after a while. I only bought about 500 grams, but feel like going back to get some more.

But enough about mushrooms… here’s this weekend’s breakfast sizzling away on the stove…

My bro recently posted up a youtube video of Gordon Ramsey’s version of scrambled eggs. I actually thought the man was overcomplicating a very simple dish.

This is the way I like to cook my scrambled eggs, Bill Granger style:

I lightly beat a couple of eggs with about a quarter cup of cream. I heat up a dollop of butter in a pan (drizzled with some olive oil to prevent the oil from burning), pour the eggs in, then gently fold and stir the eggs around over low heat… essentially just scrambling them up. Some salt and pepper to taste and done! The cream makes the texture of the eggs really soft and creamy (for want of a better word) and the butter adds a nice rich taste. I suppose you could use milk instead, but I think the eggs might turn out just a tad bit watery and soggy that way.

Eggs, cream, butter!!! Sounds like a lethal combination right? So only once a week, no more.

Comments

  1. i usually make our eggs the way you do but though with olive oil and milk. it does get a tad watery if overcooked, but i don't have cream on hand most days.
    out of curiosity, i tried Gordon Ramsey's version of scrambled eggs except with olive oil and ended with cream cheese. i quite enjoyed it. different texture, very creamy. then again, i adore eggs.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »