Skip to main content

Distraction object regret

Have you ever given something to your child or let them take an object that you later regretted?

Perhaps your wallet or phone? Or maybe *gasp* a permanent marker?

Well last week, Nathan was hanging out with me in the bathroom while I was getting ready to go out. He was fussing around impatiently, so I opened one of the cupboards and let him grab a bottle of sunscreen to distract him so I could quickly finish getting ready.

Five minutes later, I realised that the room was filled with uncanny silence. Hmmm… what was my little one up to? Then in that split second this quote flashed through my mind as I hurried over to the adjoining room…

…And laid eyes on this sight

DSC02482

He was evidently having a huge gala time with that bottle of sunscreen as our bed sheets were literally COVERED in one big gloopy mess.

DSC02483

Globs of sunscreen smeared everywhere! WHAT was I thinking to let him take it? *smack forehead*

More laundry… hooray { –__– }

Comments

  1. Oh dear... no wonder the silence! But looks like he had fun, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was DEFINITELY having fun... not so much for me, though!

      Delete
  2. Yes, been that and done that ! Boy, as my mummy, I never learnt my lessons. My boys have poured newly opened Shower Gel / Bubble Bath into their little make-do "bath tub" and finished up one full bottle in one shower !

    I gave them a brand new bottle of shower gel and let them pressed and played, they decided its too slow so they opened up the lid and poured the bath gel in.

    This has happened not once but few times over few years with my older two boys !

    Now, my boys are 16 amd 14 years, I punish them by not buying them Shower Gel when it runs out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo! They must be having a really big bubble party in the bathroom. Maybe that day you were wondering why their bath time like taking longer than usual... and then later the truth is REVEALED!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »