Skip to main content

Steak slice with lemon & thyme

I first came across this recipe on Nigella Express and it looked so dead simple that I had to try it. Now it’s one of my favourite little meals I whip up for myself in a flash.

The interesting thing about this way of cooking the steak is that instead of pre-marinating the meat, the steak is marinated in a lovely lemon & thyme dressing AFTER it’s grilled.

Ingredients
A rump steak (approx 500-600 grams)
80 ml extra virgin olive oil (approx ⅓ cup)
Juice and zest of half a lemon
4-5 sprigs of thyme
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Pepper to taste

Start with a nice piece of steak. Grill it either on a pan or you can even do it on a the barbeque. Cook for 3 minutes per side, then flip over and cook a further 1 minute each side.

DSC02241

While the meat is grilling away, prepare the marinade by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice and zest in a dish, strip the thyme leaves from the stalks and add them in with the garlic, salt and pepper.

DSC02242

Once the meat is done, rest it in the dish of marinade for 4 minutes, then flip it over so the other side gets its turn for another 4 minutes.

DSC02243

Slice the meat thinly and serve it anyway you like. I enjoy having it in salad style, with baby spinach greens, the marinade juices drizzled over as a dressing and topped with some crispy croutons.

DSC02244

You can experiment with different combination of herbs or flavours in the marinade like oregano or maybe even a dash of chilli for a bit of a kick.

Happy Friday everyone!

~~~

Linking up to…

 Photobucket

Comments

  1. ooo~ I think DinoPapa will love this dish (minus the greens lol) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby also ask to minus the greens :P But I insisted must have at least some lar... healthier. But he definitely enjoyed the meaty bits

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up. This recipe looks fantastic (and now I have a new blog to follow -yours!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, Lisa ^_^ definitely plan to continue the link ups. Thanks for hosting the party

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »