Skip to main content

10 things to do in last month of pregnancy

DSC03823
8-month belly shot

With the final countdown of less than one month till my official due date, it’s time to get down to business with getting things in order.

I’m definitely a lot more laid back with preparations for baby #2. Nevertheless, there are still some essential things to organise to minimise any chaos at go-time.

~~~

So here is my checklist of…

10 things to do in my last month of pregnancy

  1. Organise and wash newborn-sized baby clothes – no point washing the entire stash or washing them too early. Although with baby #1 I think I had this item all done by the second trimester.
    DSC03801
  2. Wash and lay out baby’s bed linen – as with item No. 1, I didn’t see the point of doing this too early to minimise the bed linen collecting dust in the nursery
    .
  3. Put a towel/water-proof sheet in bed and car seat – better to be safe than sorry because you’ll never know when and where your waters might break
    .
  4. Pack hospital bag – First time mums might have this item all done in the first trimester… whenever you decide to do this, probably a good idea to have this prepared by this stage
    .
  5. Prepare emergency/backup plan for getting to hospital and/or looking after an older child – just in case hubby is not nearby or if you go into labour in the middle in the night and you have an older child that needs to be looked after
    .
  6. Prepare a special gift for baby to ‘give’ to older child (and vice versa) – a good idea for getting things off to a positive start with the new sibling relationship. And following a tip from a friend, we also prepared a few small items to use a special bonus mini-gifts (e.g. some small toys, matchbox cars, books) to bring out on those moments when Nathan just needs a little extra love – not as a bribe or anything like that, but just as an alternative love-language item to use if needed in the coming weeks.
    .
  7. Prepare a bucket or container next to the bed – one possible symptom of labour is puking/vomiting. That happened to me in the middle of the night with my first pregnancy and I was caught unprepared… which resulted in a very unpleasant mess to clean up. I personally don’t know anyone else who experienced this, but if you’re the type of person who likes to be prepared for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, just thought I’d share this little tip as well.
    .
  8. Write out any standard daily routines/to-do lists – so hubby or anyone else who is helping to take care of things around the house knows what to do (I wrote down the list of things to pack for Nathan’s day care bag)
    DSC03824
    .
  9. Have a special one-on-one date with older child – with all the changes happening around, it’s important to reinforce this special relationship
    .
  10. Get some rest and shut-eye (a no-brainer!)

~~~

Continuing the countdown to D-day – 21 days to go!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing, Serene. Somehow felt reassured reading your post, like things I need to do in the coming months are coming up to me slowly. All the best for the big day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June. And you enjoy your pregnancy journey too! I'm sure by now you know how to take it slowly step by step as it comes... both the highs and the lows :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »