Skip to main content

Folliculaphilia

I suspect I might have a serious case of Folliculaphilia.
Folliculaphilia \ fol-i-kuh-la-fil-ee-uh \ verb
A person who is only attracted to men with a moustache
I don't know about you, but I've really been digging the current trend in Hollywood of male celebrities sporting beards these days.

Hubs always gets a heavy five o'clock shadow every second day. On weekends, by Sunday night he'd be looking absolutely grizzly. One day on a whim, I told him he should try to tidy up his weekend scruff so it still looks casually neat.

As expected, he didn't want to bother with it at first... so I might have thrown in some bedroom promises to seal the deal... maybe, the details are all somewhat hazy now.

I even googled different beard styles and how-tos so we could select which one to go for, and shared a few giggles over a few wacky facial hair styles. But in the end, he got the razor and clippers out to fulfil his end of the deal.

It's weird. I never thought I'd be someone who likes the beardy look. In fact, when hubs made his first debut in public with his new look, the guys were all "Awesome!" but the girls were all "Errrmmm...". They were even more surprised when they found out it was my idea.

Maybe it's an age thing... just liking men to look like men. Or the subtle influence of what the big shots in Hollywood are doing. Or simply seeing my other half in a different perspective. Whatever it is I must say, I'm loving this look on my man.

image

What about you? Are for beards or do you find them a big turn-off?

If you're not yet convinced, here's a great illustration about how a little facial hair makes all the difference!
 
Better with a mustaches

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hugh Jackman and almost every other male hollywood celebrity at the moment!

      Delete
  2. haha min is spot on - that's why this is a good look! i have a thing for strong dark eyebrows.. maybe there's a name for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strong dark eyebrows? Very unusual... any real life examples to share?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »