Skip to main content

Photos of our Christmas holiday in Sabah

Over the Christmas and New Year holidays, we spent the time back in my hometown in Sabah, Malaysia. We had a really idyllic and relaxing break just spending some quality time with close family. The cool rainy monsoon season was also a nice refreshing change from the burning summer heat in Perth.

The children had a wonderful time just playing in the spacious compound,

DSC04753

Hanging out with grandpa and grandma,

DSC04776

And enjoying their Christmas presents.

DSC04863

The boys played in the rain,

DSC04844

We hung out at the beach,

DSC04974

Although Grace could only be a spectator for now,

DSC04978

And we let the kids stay up late to watch the musical fountain at Perdana Park.

DSC04993

We visited the local zoo…

DSC04888

Nathan had a great time spotting elephants, monkeys, orang utans…

DSC04910

And of course tigers –his Chinese zodiac sign

DSC04897

And Grace reached some major milestones during this trip…

She started learning how to pivot, lunge and inch forward to reach for objects,

DSC04740

She can sit up on her own unassisted (for a few seconds at a time),

DSC04956

And we started her on solids for the first time,

DSC04874

My mum has been enjoying herself tremendously watching Grace gobble up her pumpkin, sweet potato, papaya, watermelon and all sorts of yummy fruits and vegies.

Hubby’s parents also flew over from KL to spend Christmas with us. So the kids had double the attention and spoiling from both sets of grandparents

The two grandpas…

DSC04856

All four doting grandparents…

DSC04815

The other major highlight we enjoyed was the FOOD. Nothing beats Malaysian food. Especially the local dishes in my home state, Sabah (IMHO). But I’ll save that for another post as there are too many to share in one go.

We had a really wonderful time just chilling out and spending time with family. But it’s also really, really great to be back home in Australia.

Hope you all had a terrific start to the new year!

****

Linking up to:
Little Drummer Boys
Twinkle in the Eye

Comments

  1. How wonderful for all the family that you could all be together for the New Year holidays. I've never been to Malaysia, but I would love to. Your photos are great, Serene - I really admire how well you compose them. Sounds like Grace has been trying out some very tasty and healthy food too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the grandparents together-such a lovely shot. I also like the one of the boys playing soccer in the rain xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys playing soccer in the rain is a great shot, as is the close up of Grace, she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful children you have and a close family - isn't it great to have grandparents in our children's lives?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful series of photos , so colourful and bright too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that little trip to Sabah I loved it. So special all four grandparents could be there. Grace is coming on in leaps and bounds. Really great photos Serene :). That tiger is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Those photos are just gorgeous. What a lovely little family you have. I especially love the playing in the rain one. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the time you spent with your family in your hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful get together with family and a great holiday. So great to see snippets of your home town in Malaysia too, very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »